Myths & Tips about Bikini Area Hair Removal
Bikini area is the most sensitive part of woman body and vulnerable to infections too.. and so it needs utmost attention and appropriate knowledge. I will try to bust few most common myths and present a few less common tips for Bikini Area Hair Removal.. So read along……
Why do we have Pubic Hair?
Pubic hair are body’s first defensive line against infections. They have a purpose to protect against friction that may cause skin abrasions, injury, protection from bacteria and unwanted pathogens.
Views against shaving off pubic hair state about the risk the body is prone to when the defensive layer is removed and also the affects shaving leaves on the skin.
However, it becomes crucial to maintain hygiene in the bikini area once the hair are removed to avoid the growth of unwanted bacteria due to dampness, sweat or dirt etc.
You might also like to read Tips for Feminine Hygiene
Myth: Hair grows back longer or thicker after shaving!
This is purely a myth and has so scientific backing. The hair on any body part doesn’t grow back thicker, the diameter of hair remains the same. They look coarse because soft tip gets blunted by shaving.
Myth: Shaving needs to be done everyday down there!
Some women think shaving daily is required to keep the area hair free and make the bikini line used to shaving. Rather it causes more irritation and razor bumps. Shaving needs to be done only when few millimeters of hair are visible.
6 Steps for Effective Bikini Line Hair Removal
Before shaving, few steps called Pre-Shave Preparation Steps should be followed for effective hair removal and to avoid irritation and bumps.
- Trim the hair before shaving: Trimming long hair with a small scissor before hair removal process results in better shaving and effective in preventing bumps and burns.
- Gently scrub or exfoliate: To lift the ingrown hair from beneath the skin surface for effective hair removal, it’s recommended to gently exfoliate or scrub the area before shaving.
- Shaving: Using a razor for shaving around genitals might cause itching because the hair grow back in just few days; and so to stay clean, one needs to shave every few days. It’s recommended to shave during shower so that the coarse thick hair become soft with hot water and don’t cause red bumps or razor burn. One must use a sharp razor and a good shaving gel or foam.
Waxing has it’s own pros and cons, major being the incapability to do it yourself at home – anytime.; and not everyone prefers to undergo pain in that area.
Hair Removal Creams are easy and effective option for removing pubic hair, which can be done anytime anywhere and with minimum basic requirements. However, not every depilatory (hair removal) cream are safe to use around sensitive area of genitals, and must be tested on skin before applying to vulva.
Hair Removal Creams specifically formulated for sensitive areas like bikini area should only be used. Everteen Bikini Line Hair Removal Creme is made of 100% natural chamomile extract and neither contains any harsh smell nor causes itching or skin darkening.
4. Rinse: After cleaning the creme and hair of bikini area with soft cloth, rinse thoroughly with cold water without harshly rubbing the skin.
TIP: No soap or foam should be applied immediately after hair removal.
5. Rub skin with Ice cube: An important step to avoid skin burns or bumps or any kind of irritation is to rub the skin gently with ice cube.
6. Moisturize: The skin now needs generous moisturizing. Few recommended moisturizers are Coconut oil, witch hazel, Vitamin E if skin suffers from bumps or burns.
So now don’t be bothered of myths or suffer pain or discomfort; and just rock the bikini season. Flaunt in your bikini on the beach.
Did you find this post useful? Please share your views in comments.
Follow on Pinterest, Instagram,Facebook and Youtube for more ideas and interactions. Also do subscribe to my blog so that you don’t miss any updates about new craft ideas.
16 thoughts on “Myths & Tips about Bikini Area Hair Removal”
aww I needed this! thank you for sharing this helpful inputs. honestly when you become a mom of two, you unintentionally forget about self care, eh?
I never actually knew the why. Thank you for sharing such an informative article about something that isn’t normally talked about.
I am not a fan of hair removal in any part of the body. But then that’s a matter of choice.
Sametime, hygiene needs to on point down there. Informative on why part.
I have used all everteen products and must say I really like them. they are effective and easy on the pocket as well.
This is important both for self care and hygienic part ..it is going to help many who want to know exactly what and how to go for it!!
These are some great tips you’ve shared. It’s important to use the right product for the body and skin, something natural, will surely use your advice.
You mentioned such useful tips. It is essential to choose the right product for the sensitive area.
This is a thoroughly informative post Kinshoo. I prefer waxing as that is the best way to remove all hair. However, creams are definitely a pain-free option!
Very informative post Kinshoo. many myths were broken with your informative post. Pre and post hair removal tips are so essential.
This was really helpful for me, I had never got it done and had so many questions. Finally, I got answers through this post, thank you for sharing this.
Quite an informative read.. we girls always shy away for talking about this. Thanks for the tips.
Exactly the problem
Taking care of the sensitive parts with good products is very important. Good tips to keep it hygienic and safe.
These tips are nice and effective too. Scrubbing before waxing or shaving is necessary For effective hair removal.