Marbled Cups -DIY
I love colorful mugs and tea cups. Recently I saw this MARBLE CUP technique using nail colors; and I had to try my hands on it.. and trust me, it’s so addictive that I marbled 3 cups and few balloons too.. and I still want to color more..
It is very easy to design your own coffee mug with just few easily available items and the best part is NO TWO MUGS LOOK ALIKE!
- Ceramic mugs (white or any plain color)
- Nail colors (local cheaper ones will do)
- Warm water
- Disposable pan/box (aluminium/plastic) – it will be ruined after use
- Toothpicks or disposable forks
- Nail polish remover
This is the quickest DIY i have done till date with super simple and easy steps to follow.
Tips to Remember:
- Use luke warm water
- Swirl nail color with toothpick or fork quickly to give marble effect
- Dip the cup in the nail polish water quickly either tilted or straight down
- Discard the water after 1 use as nail color starts to settle and won’t spread properly
- Let the cup dry completely and avoid touching to avoid smudging
These marbled mugs make very good handmade gifts. And we can make a whole range of cup set.
In case you get bored of the same design, you can always remove it with nail polish remover and create a new one with new color and different design.. VIOLA!!
You might also like:
These marbling of cups is super addictive and I moved on to making a marbled balloon, these make beautiful party decor.
Don’t Forget, these cups are:
- Not microwave safe
- Not dishwasher safe, though can apply a thin coat of dishwasher safe ModPodge to protect when washing
- Hand washing is recommended
Sharing is Caring